Prague, 28 June 2017
- Published on Friday, 31 January 2014 07:37
The publishers are pleased to announce the launch of a new open-access journal in the EPJ series – EPJ Quantum Technology. The journal has just gone live, with three research papers already available.
Driven by advances in technology and experimental capability, the last decade has seen the emergence of quantum technology: a new praxis for controlling the quantum world. It is now possible to engineer complex, multi-component systems that merge the once distinct fields of quantum optics and condensed matter physics.
EPJ Quantum Technology provides a new, peer reviewed Open Access forum for researchers in these fields. The journal will cover theoretical and experimental advances in topics including but not limited to the following:
- Quantum measurement, metrology and lithography
- Quantum complex systems, networks and cellular automata
- Quantum electromechanical systems
- Quantum optomechanical systems
- Quantum machines, engineering and nanorobotics
- Quantum control theory
- Quantum information, communication and computation
- Quantum thermodynamics
- Quantum metamaterials
- The effect of Casimir forces on micro- and nano-electromechanical systems
- Quantum biology
- Quantum sensing
- Hybrid quantum systems
Topical collections will feature regularly; the first papers published in the journal are part of a Thematic Series on Microwave Quantum Optics, and a series on Quantum Simulations is now open and will appear later this year.
EPJ Quantum Technology is headed by Editor-in-Chief Professor Gerard Milburn (University of Queensland, Australia) with an Editorial Board representing the broad and interdisciplinary nature of the journal.
We encourage regular submissions to the journal and welcome your support for this new venture in the field of quantum technology.